A lot of photographers think that if they buy a better camera they’ll be able to take better photographs. A better camera won’t do a thing for you if you don’t have anything in your head or in your heart.” -Arnold Newman
[jtabs theme=”vader” size=”medium”]
Basic Photography Workshop
Hands-on Photography workshop – covering the fundamentals of photography, excellent starting point for beginners , review of the basics and guaranteed learning!
When: Sep 10, 2011 — 9am to 5pm
Where: Kalugdan Studio, 2/F 88 Shaw Blvd., Pasig City 1600, Philippines ( View Google map below)
How much: Php 2000 (Introductory price)
Includes: Whole day workshop, Certificate of completion, food, snacks, DVD reference, 4R prints of your work
Limited to: 10 students maximum
What to bring: Yourself and an insatiable thirst for photography knowledge. You also need a digital SLR camera with controls for aperture and shutter speed. Bring also the camera manual (if possible) and a USB or firewire cord for downloading your photos to a PC/laptop
Basic Photography Workshop Outline
– Why are photographs important to us?
– Digital Photography Work flow
2. A comprehensive but simple explanation of Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO (exposure triangle) Learn this and you’ve got the basics covered.
– How do they affect your photo
– How do you combine settings on ISO, Aperture and Shutter speed
hands-on , setting ISO, Aperture and Shutter speed on the camera
3. Techniques (all with hands-on sessions)
– Composition techniques
– Shooting form
– Buying accessories
– how to choose your camera – or your next one
– choosing lenses
– choosing wisely
4. Software to manage your digital photos (free and commercial)
– Getting your photos to computer, print and web (Post Production)
– Free software to manage your digital album
– Free online and offline resources to enhance your learning (DVD
resource give away)
5. Portrait Session
– Studio set-up with lighting
– learning simple lighting set-up
– learning how light affects our photos
– has free parking
– is fully airconditioned
– is accessible for commuters
– has wifi
Google Map of the venue
Photos of Venue
[jbutton color=”green” size=”xxlarge”]Register Now[/jbutton]
The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it. – Ansel Adams
What will you gain from this photography workshop?
– Guaranteed learning! lots of hands on sessions – not just theories. We explain the concept and we will let you do it.
– Sharing of professional experience- things you would not learn via tutorials.
– Portrait session on the afternoon, practice what you’ve learned!
– Certificate, Free 4R prints of your work
– Reference DVD – free offline and online resources , review when you need it
We have a lot of resources that you can review after the workshop. Pdf tutorials, videos, ebooks and online resources. Download the Photography ebook below to get started!
Videos explaining each concept – online resources
We have scoured the web for the best online resources – so you dont have to waste your time searching for them
Schedule of Photography Classes
- Basic Photography, July 23, 2011
- Location Shoot , Swimsuit edition – Aug 6, 2011 details to be announced on July 8
- Studio Shoot and Post Processing Techniques (Photoshop) – Aug 13, 2011, details to be announced on July 8
- Panoramic Photography – Aug 20, 2011 details to be announced on July 16