A lot of photographers think that if they buy a better camera they’ll be able to take better photographs. A better camera won’t do a thing for you if you don’t have anything in your head or in your heart.” -Arnold Newman
Why should you attend this workshop?
- Guaranteed learning! lots of hands on sessions – not just theories. We explain the concept and we will let you do it.
- Sharing of professional experience- things you would not learn via tutorials.
- Portrait session on the afternoon, (live Model Shoot!) practice what you’ve learned!
- Certificate, Free 4R prints of your work
- Reference DVD – free offline and online resources , review when you need it
- 10% discount for next class – advanced photography workshop, lightroom
Basic Photography Workshop
Hands-on Photography workshop – covering the fundamentals of photography, excellent starting point for beginners , review of the basics and guaranteed learning!
When: Jan 28, 2012 — 9am to 5pm
Where: Kalugdan Studio, 2/F 88 Shaw Blvd., Pasig City 1600, Philippines ( View Google map below)
How much: Php 2000
Includes: Whole day workshop, Live Model Shoot, Certificate of completion, food, snacks, DVD reference, 4R prints of your work
Limited to: 10-15 students maximum
What to bring: Yourself and an insatiable thirst for photography knowledge. You also need a digital SLR camera with controls for aperture and shutter speed. Bring also the camera manual (if possible) and a USB or firewire cord for downloading your photos to a PC/laptop
Basic Photography Workshop Outline
– Why are photographs important to us?
– Digital Photography Work flow
2. A comprehensive but simple explanation of Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO (exposure triangle) Learn this and you’ve got the basics covered.
– How do they affect your photo
– How do you combine settings on ISO, Aperture and Shutter speed
hands-on , setting ISO, Aperture and Shutter speed on the camera
3. Techniques (all with hands-on sessions)
– Composition techniques
– Shooting form
– Buying accessories
– how to choose your camera – or your next one
– choosing lenses
– choosing wisely
4. Software to manage your digital photos (free and commercial)
– Getting your photos to computer, print and web (Post Production)
– Free software to manage your digital album
– Free online and offline resources to enhance your learning (DVD
resource give away)
5. Portrait Session
– Live Model Shoot
– Studio set-up with lighting
– learning simple lighting set-up
– learning how light affects our photos
To reserve a seat , you have to pay 50% (php 1000) via bank deposit and then send us the deposit slip and we will send you a confirmation email. Balance is paid on the day of the workshop.
Online Registration is below
We have a lot of resources that you can review after the workshop. Pdf tutorials, videos, ebooks and online resources. Download the Photography ebook below to get started!
– has free parking
– is fully airconditioned
– is accessible for commuters
– has wifi
Google Map of the venue
View Larger Map
Photos of Venue
Front building of Kalugdan Studio
overpass near kalugdan studio
Schedule of Photography Classes
- Basic Photography, December 2011
- Photoshop for Photographers – details to be announced
- Lightroom for Photographers – details to be announced
- Panoramic Photography – details to be announced
Previous Photography Classes
- Basic Photography, PJ Lhuillier March 19,2010
- Basic Photography, PJ Lhuillier March 26,2010
- Basic Photography, Makati Lhuillier May 29,2010
- Basic Photography, Makati Lhuillier June 12,2010
- Advanced Photography with PhotoWalk, PJ Lhuillier July 23,2011
- Basic Photography, Kalugdan Studio July 25,2011 View Photo Gallery
- Basic Photography, Kalugdan Studio Sep 10,2011 View Photo Gallery
- Basic Photography, Kalugdan Studio Nov. 26,2011 View Photo Gallery